Firebreak Capital – Brand building
Firebreak Capital, a private debt hedge fund, required a brand strategy in the run-up to launch. Peregrine worked with the principals at Firebreak to define the brand story and then used the messaging for the website, corporate presentation and website.
A media campaign was also implemented around the launch itself which led to widespread coverage and interest.
To launch to market with a positive and attractive brand proposition, addressing how the firm is truly differentiated from its competitor landscape, while also educating investors on its approach to managing their money; a prerequisite for many investors today.
Creating a distinct identity for the firm by defining the firm’s unique DNA, investment edge and key messages.
Establishing branding guidelines/visual identity:
- Refined logotype
- Use of colours
- Formatting styles
- Use of photography
Creating marketing collateral, incorporating key messages and new visual identity established by Peregrine:
- Tailoring of presentations to investor groups and meetings
- PowerPoint and Word document/PDF design
- Monthly/Quarterly reports for investors
Full website design and build, including office and team photography
Firm/Fund launch campaign:
- Establishing press office to manage all press activity prior to and throughout official launch, as well as producing the embargoed press release
- Creating and organizing launch events (tailored to reporter and investor audiences)
- Designing and distributing e-mail marketing mailout to target investors
- Establishing and managing relevant information on key social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+)
- Creating and placing thought leadership articles in key investor-facing publications.
Successful launch campaign, creating a strong, positive momentum for the firm amongst investors and in the media. The brand was built through a set of corporate messages, product messaging, the design of a visual identity, the creation of an optimal marketing communications platform, and interviews with key media contacts.
On launch day, the principles were 4th and 5th on Bloomberg Terminal’s MVP list. For perspective, this placed them next to Donald Trump on the day he announced his bid for the 2016 presidential race.
“Peregrine has played an integral role in establishing and developing our brand identity as a start-up business. Their specialist knowledge is providing more and more crucial insights as we ready for launch. The Peregrine team’s enthusiasm, drive and entrepreneurial qualities have been invaluable as we seek to establish our company.”